Training & Events
The North Dakota PTAC offers many webinars and workshops designed to help you understand and navigate the government procurement process. Training is critical to keep businesses informed of the latest procurement practices and opportunities.
UPCOMING PROCUREMENT WEBINARS - UPDATED REGULARLY:
Monthly Webinar Log-in Instructions
The following series of webinars are hosted in partnership with MN PTAC, North Dakota and South Dakota PTACs, and SBA District Offices. Webinars typically take place the first Tuesday of every month from 9-10 a.m. Central Time.
June 7 – What, Why, and How of Capability Statements
9am - 10am Central Time
Be prepared to present your company in a professional and concise manner, all on one page. Learn key information that customers need from potential vendors. Understand how and why a capability statement should be used with government agencies.
QUARTERLY STRATEGIC TEAMING ALLIANCE ROUNDTABLES
Join us for the second of a series of STAR roundtables, hosted by regional PTACs in alliance with Northrop Grumman Corporation, designed to assist small businesses navigate and benefit from doing business with the federal government and large business contractors. Connect with panelists from a variety of large and small businesses currently successfully performing as prime and subcontractors. Learn helpful tips to assist you in achieving your government contracting goals. This is a series of events and new panelists that will provide unique information at each roundtable!
This event will be held on June 16 at 9am CDT. This series is held every third month of each quarter on the third Thursday. Future dates will be September 15 and December 15.
DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY EVENTS AND WEBINARS
Find upcoming opportunities to work with DLA through DLA's Small Business Outreach Calendar.
Discover matchmaking events, attend classes or connect with other small businesses in similar industries.
Details for each event can be found by selecting an event name in the calendar.
Find Procurement Technical Assistance Centers through the Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers' event website .
As one of our clients, you have the opportunity to access and attend several additional webinar's available through Govology. Review the list of dates, times, and topics, read the event flyer for more details and then contact us to get the access code and get registered today!
- Winning Strategies and Proven Best Practices for Government Prospecting (2022 Update) - May 24 @ 12pm
How to Bid on Government Construction Projects - May 31 @ 12pm
- Doing Business with Tobyhanna Army Depot - June 2 @ 12pm
- Budgets, Indirect Rates, and Proposals for Government Contracts - June 8 @ 12pm
- Understanding the Domestic Preference Statutes: The Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act (2022 Update) - June 9 @ 12pm
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Basics - June 21 @ 12pm
- An Introduction to Government Small Business Certifications - June 23 @ 12pm
SBA 7(j) MANAGEMENT AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TRAINING
Who can participate? Small business owners who; are certified 8(a) participants, have a HUBZone certified small business, have an economically disadvantaged women-owned small business, have a small business located in areas of high unemployment or low income, or have a small business owned by low income individuals.
- June Government Contract Training: From your computer, participants will link to an instructor in a live, real-time, interactive learning experience. They will become part of a virtual classroom where they will can ask questions, seek guidance and participate in class discussions and interactive exercises.
NATIONAL CEMETERY ADMINISTRATION (NCA) GROUNDS MAINTENANCE AND CONSTRUCTION VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSION
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration (NCA), in collaboration with the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) Direct Access Program (DAP), will host a virtual information session on Thursday, July 7, 2022 from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 PM CDT.
NCA is seeking Veteran-Owned small businesses to prime and subcontract to its clients. Veteran-Owned small businesses with operations related to the following business sectors and NAICS codes listed below, should consider participating in this event. NCA panelists will provide a program overview and forecast of business development opportunities; increase vendor participation and awareness; and reveal what the program seeks in its relationships with small businesses in the areas of Grounds Maintenance and Construction services.
3M HEALTH INFORMATION SYSTEMS (HIS) VIRTUAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY SESSION
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is participating in a virtual business opportunity session. On Tuesday, June 16, 2022 from 12:30 - 1:30 CDT.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS), in collaboration with the Direct Access Program, will host a virtual business opportunity session. 3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is seeking small businesses to prime and subcontract to clients for the following Business Sectors, Capabilities, Socioeconomic classifications and NAICS code as outlined below. Please review the details of the event webpage carefully prior to registering. As capacity is limited, please register at your earliest availability.
This video provides a step-by-step guide on how government contractors can achieve compliance with the cybersecurity requirements established by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), specifically Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clause 252.204-7012, entitled “Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting.”
AIR FORCE AND SPACE FORCE CHIEF INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER ASK-ME-ANYTHING
- Everybody Handles FCI! Special Session of Blue Cyber. - May 24
- The Blue Cyber Director, Kelley Kiernan and technical experts will cover the 17 security requirements in the proposed CMMC Level 1 and FAR 52.204-21, which comprise basic cyber hygiene for your small business.
- Air Force and Space Force Boil it Down for You! A Walk Through of the NIST SP 800-171
and Proposed CMMC Level 2 - May 25
- Join hundreds of your friends, technical experts and the Blue Cyber Director, Kelley Kiernan will cover the 110 security requirements in the proposed CMMC Level 2 and NIST SP 800-171, which comprise comprehensive cyber hygiene and intellectual property protection for your small business.
- "The Problem is US! How to stop losing your Intellectual Property in a click!" - May 31
- Guest Speaker from the DC3 DCISE Justin Frid. An engaging presentation on how humans fall victim to simple social engineering campaigns by cyber aggressors. A discussion on how to mitigate human error and protect your Intellectual Property!
- Hardening MS Windows for NIST SP 800-171 - June 7
- Expert cryptographer Ernie Edmonds of the California NIST ME Center will walk you through how to harden MS Windows. This is information everyone needs to know.
Register on the Every-Tuesday AMA Link: https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_6Gz84TQGRvm6YHMSVyE0Qg