Training & Events
UPCOMING PROCUREMENT WEBINARS - UPDATED REGULARLY:
Monthly Webinar Log-in Instructions
The following series of webinars are hosted in partnership with MN PTAC, North Dakota and South Dakota PTACs, and SBA District Offices. Webinars typically take place the first Tuesday of every month from 9-10 a.m. Central Time.
June 15 - The USDOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program - Is it right
for your business?
Kari Bullion, Denae Johnson, & Mark Cooper
9 – 10 a.m. Central Time
The USDOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program aims to increase the participation of minority and women owned businesses in state and local transportation projects that are funded by the Department through the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). Representatives for the DBE programs in South Dakota, North Dakota, and Minnesota will discuss program requirements, benefits to contractors, and opportunities for businesses that participate.
July 13 – Understanding the General Services Administration (GSA) Schedules Program
Eric Rettig, GSA Small Business Technical Adviser
9 – 10 a.m. Central Time
GSA “Schedules” are long-term contracts between government and commercial supplier’s aka vendors (such as yourselves), who provide GSA’s federal buyers (and in some cases, state, and local governments) with access to millions of commercial products and services at volume discount pricing. The GSA Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) Program represents approximately 21 percent of overall Federal procurement spending, resulting in approximately $50 billion per year. Approximately 80 percent of Schedule suppliers are small businesses. Holding a Schedule contract can transform your business, but it does require effort and commitment, especially a marketing plan, to be successful.
August 3 – Getting Comfortable with beta.SAM.gov
Pat Dotter – MN PTAC
REGISTRATION: coming soon....
9 – 10 a.m. Central Time
Join us for this training session to get an update on the newest changes to beta.SAM.gov, including:
- the correct way to login;
- how to search, save searches, and follow a specific solicitation;
- becoming familiar with the tools in your work station;
- how to find and get onto the IVL (interested vendors list); and
- any other questions you may have.
Introduction to Government Contracting and HUBZone Certification
Do you want to learn how to start selling to the federal government? Join us on June 22 at 9am to dive into the topics of market segments, buying channels, registrations, certifications and positioning. The Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone) program helps small businesses located in a HUBZone gain preferential access to federal procurement opportunities. This webinar will review the certification criteria, eligibility and where the zones are in ND for this certification. The Federal Government has a goal of setting aside 3% of the $450 billion in contracts every year for HUBZone contracts.
USACE NORTHWESTERN DIVISION SMALL BUSINESS VIRTUAL OUTREACH
Registerto meet PTAC and USACE Northwestern Division and District Small Business Chiefs virtually on June 22 from 11:30 to 2:00 PM CDT. During this event you will learn about doing business with the Federal Government, small business regulation updates, how small business can support USACE mission, regional tools, district mission and programs, and forecast/contracting opportunities!
FEMA REGION VIII WEBINAR- HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH FEMA
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Office of the Chief Procurement Officer (OCPO) &FEMA Region VIII presents the 'How To Do Business With FEMA Webinar' on Wednesday, June 30th from 12-2:30pm. This event will cover the following topics: how to do business with FEMA, FEMA's small business program, category management, FEMA contracting, FEMA private sector liaisons, & questions will be allowed within the chat room. Register today!
FINDING GOVERNMENT WORK AND CERTIFICATIONS
Sherri Komrosky from the SBA, North Dakota District Office, and Cathy Lindquist from the ND PTAC will be presenting at the ND PTAC workshop on July 14th from 9:00 - 10:30 am CDT. Throughout this presentation, you will search, find & identify the right government opportunities, check for qualifications, and understand the scope of work. BONUS: you will learn about small business certifications that can be beneficial in federal government contracting. Register to secure your spot!
DEPT OF THE NAVY OFFICE OF SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAMS: DOING BUSINESS WITH THE U.S. NAVY & MARINE CORPS
As part of Fargo, ND Navy Week, a Department of the Navy’s Office of Small Business Programs representative, in partnership with the North Dakota Procurement Technical Assistance Center (ND PTAC), will conduct a small business workshop on July 21 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM. This year's "Fargo ND Navy Week" will feature workshop designed to educate small businesses on how to do business with the Navy and Marine Corps. It will also cover how to find upcoming contracting opportunities and how small businesses can contribute to the warfighter mission. Registration may be limited to 25 due to COVID social distancing, so make sure to secure your spot as soon as possible!
As one of our clients, you have the opportunity to access and attend several additional webinars available through Govology. Review the list of dates, times, and topics, read the event flyer for more details and then contact us to get the access code and get registered today!
- Winning Proposals: Your Comprehensive Guide to Responding to Federal RFPs (3-Part Series) - June 15-17 @ 12pm
- Intro and DCAA Overview & Proposal Adequacy - June 23 @ 12pm
- Winning Strategies and Proven Best Practices for Government Prospecting - June 24 @ 12pm
- Past Performance: A Critical Factor For Success in the Government Marketplace - June 29 @ 12pm
- Using Proposal Graphics for Readability and Impact - July 8 @ 12pm
- Automated Bookkeeping & Outsourced GovCon Accounting - July 13 @ 12pm
- Hunt, Fish, and Farm Your Way to GOVCON Success - July 14 @ 12pm
- The Concept of “Responsibility” in Government Contracting - July 15 @ 12pm
- GSA Multiple Award Schedule Consolidation – July 20 @ 12pm
- Advanced Teaming Strategies To Accelerate Small Business Government Revenue – Update 2021 -July 22 @ 12pm
- Understanding the Domestic Preference Statutes: The Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act - July 27 @ 12pm
- DIBBS Masterclass – System Overview, Searching For Opportunities, and How To Bid An Opportunity - July 28 @ 12pm
- Accounting Systems Checklist for DCAA Compliance for SF1408 – 2021 Update - July 29 @ 12pm
SBA 7(j) MANAGEMENT AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TRAINING
Who can participate? Small business owners who; are certified 8(a) participants, have a HUBZone certified small business, have an economically disadvantaged women-owned small business, have a small business located in areas of high unemployment or low income, or have a small business owned by low income individuals.
- June Online Government Contracting Training: Courses are taught by a live instructor on a set date and time, just like a class you'd attend in person. As a participant, you will receive course materials ahead of time so that you can interact with your instructor and peers in real time. See what classes are being offered in June and sign up to learn more about government contracting.
CYBERSECURITY TRAINING VIDEO
This video provides a step-by-step guide on how government contractors can achieve compliance with the cybersecurity requirements established by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), specifically Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clause 252.204-7012, entitled “Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting.”
To directly register for ND PTAC sponsored events visit our calendar.