Training & Events
UPCOMING PROCUREMENT WEBINARS - UPDATED REGULARLY:
Monthly Webinar Log-in Instructions
The following series of webinars are hosted in partnership with MN PTAC, North Dakota and South Dakota PTACs, and SBA District Offices. Webinars typically take place the first Tuesday of every month from 9-10 a.m. Central Time.
August 3 – Getting Comfortable with beta.SAM.gov
Pat Dotter – MN PTAC
9 – 10 a.m. Central Time
Join us for this training session to get an update on the newest changes to beta.SAM.gov, including:
- the correct way to login;
- how to search, save searches, and follow a specific solicitation;
- becoming familiar with the tools in your work station;
- how to find and get onto the IVL (interested vendors list); and
- any other questions you may have.
September 14 – Doing Business With The States of MN, ND, SD
Aaron Anderson, MN; Sherry Neas and Jaimie Bostyan, ND; Steve Berg, SD
9 – 10 a.m. Central Time
This workshop will provide an overview and details about contracting with the states of Minnesota, North and South Dakota. Topics to be covered include an overview of each state’s purchasing practices, where the dollars come from, how the dollars can be spent, how to get registered as a vendor, where to find business opportunities, and what the state expects of its contractors.
October 5 – Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), A Legal Overview
Vince Reiter, Eckland and Blando LLP
9 – 10 a.m. Central Time
The rules for cybersecurity in defense contracts have changed. In this presentation, participants will receive
an overview of the CMMC and the steps they need to take now for achieving certification. This topic is critical
for all existing or aspiring prime and subcontractors doing business with the Department of Defense.
As one of our clients, you have the opportunity to access and attend several additional webinar's available through Govology. Review the list of dates, times, and topics, read the event flyer for more details and then contact us to get the access code and get registered today!
- Understanding the Domestic Preference Statutes: The Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act - July 27 @ 12pm
- DIBBS Masterclass – System Overview, Searching For Opportunities, and How To Bid An Opportunity - July 28 @ 12pm
- Accounting Systems Checklist for DCAA Compliance for SF1408 – 2021 Update - July 29 @ 12pm
- Marketing Your Existing GSA Schedule Contract - August 3 @ 12 pm
- How Do we Drive Down Overhead? - August 5 @ 12 pm
- Audit Strategies for Government Contractors - August 10 @ pm
- Submitting Compliant Offers to Government Agencies - August 11 @ 12 pm
- Legal Mistakes in Government Contracting - August 12 @ 12 pm
- Your company's Capability Statement - Be Ready To shine! - August 17 @ 12 pm
- Convincing a Prime to Put You on Their Team - August 19 @ 12 pm
- What Your Contracting Officer Wants in Q4 (And How to Give it to Them) - August 24 @ 12 pm
- Freedom Information Act: What it is and Why it Matters in Small Business Government Contracting - August 31 @ 12 pm
SBA 7(j) MANAGEMENT AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TRAINING
Who can participate? Small business owners who; are certified 8(a) participants, have a HUBZone certified small business, have an economically disadvantaged women-owned small business, have a small business located in areas of high unemployment or low income, or have a small business owned by low income individuals.
- July Online Government Contracting Training: Just like a class you’d attend in person, courses are taught by a live instructor on a scheduled day and time. From your computer, you’ll link to an instructor in a live, real-time, interactive learning experience. You’ll become part of a virtual classroom where you can ask questions, seek guidance and participate in class discussions and interactive exercises.
- The U.S. SBA is offering free webinar's brought to you by Catalyst Center for Business & Entrepreneurship. Please view the table of training offerings throughout July and note that registration is required. Participants can join from a variety of devices, including desktop, laptop, smart-phone and tablet. This makes it easy for busy small business executives to join the training from virtually anywhere without installing additional software. The training is free for all eligible small businesses nationwide.
- August Online Government Contracting Training: Courses are taught by a live instructor on a scheduled day and time. Students receive course materials in advance, participate in real time using a broadband connection and interact directly with the instructor and their peers. You’ll become part of a virtual classroom where you can ask questions, seek guidance and participate in class discussions and interactive exercises.
- August SBA Online Cybersecurity Training: Participants will learn critical cybersecurity concepts and approaches to protecting their resources and intellectual property, and mandatory federal directives and contracting requirements for prime and subcontractors. See the attached training schedule of classes offered throughout the the month of August.
CYBERSECURITY TRAINING VIDEO
This video provides a step-by-step guide on how government contractors can achieve compliance with the cybersecurity requirements established by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), specifically Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clause 252.204-7012, entitled “Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting.”
To directly register for ND PTAC sponsored events visit our calendar.